Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mary is a a busy girl!

I have time to blog this summer since I am only working a few days a week. I decided I would fill you in on all the services and activities Mary does.

On Mondays, her nurse arrives early in the morning before we wake up and starts her medications, including nebulizers. She also disconnects her feeding pump checks her vitals. Therapies start with Occupational Therapy. Mary loves her OT! She also has special education and physical therapy on Mondays. Mary's nurse leaves when I return from work and I take Mary to Hippotherapy - her favorite part of the week! She rides on Scotty, the pony for 30 minutes to work on stretching and trunk control.

On Tuesdays, the nurse arrives for the same morning routine. Speech therapy begins with Mary today and they work on using the DynaVox. Mary then has OT and music therapy. Mary has vision services for an hour to work on strengthening those muscles. I arrive home and her nurse leaves. Mary then goes for pool therapy.

This summer, Wednesdays are fairly light for Mary and she only has Speech therapy and Special Education in the morning. She also has her Assistive Technology Consultant come to work with her on communication techniques. I stay home on Wednesdays and do all of her nursing care.

Thursdays, I am back to work, so the nurse arrives early for a.m. meds again. Mary has her third Speech therapy session for the week and begins her busy day. Mary also has OT, music therapy, and PT on Thursdays.

Fridays are very light - she only has PT in the middle of the day! Sometimes she has a nurse and sometimes she doesn't.

In August, we are going to a bunch of doctors. We have appointments with Neurology, Genetics, Orthopedics, and ENT. We already saw Pulmonary and G.I. this summer. The wheelchair vendor was out a few weeks ago, as well.

Busy, busy, busy!!!

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That is definately a busy schedule! Mary is lucky to have such a dedicated Mom. :)